How do I become a member?
- Log into your NAMI.org account. If you do not already have a NAMI.org account, create one.
- Once you are logged into the NAMI User Portal: from the main menu, click on Membership and select Become a Member
- Select a membership type from the drop down and click Next
- Fill in the address fields with your current mailing address, or edit the address that is displaying if it is not correct, and then click Next.
Please note: this will allow the system to show you a list of affiliates in your state on the next page, as well as ensure you receive your copy of the Advocate magazine, mailed twice per year to active members, to the appropriate address.
- A list of NAMI Affiliates in your state will automatically display. It may take a few moments for the list to load. You can click on the column headings to resort the list. Check the box next to the NAMI Affiliate you would like to join and click Next at the bottom of the page. You can also search for additional affiliates by typing in the name of a city, state, county, zip code, or NAMI Affiliate name in the Search box and then clicking the Find Affiliate button.
Please note: it is best to type in just one or two words in the search field, such as "Alexandria" instead of "Alexandria, VA" because the Affiliate Search is looking for an exact match within our NAMI Affiliate data.
- If you would like, add an additional donation to your renewal and click Next. The donation will be split equally between the NAMI Affiliate you are joining, the associated NAMI State Organization, and the national NAMI office.
Please note: the "No" box is selected by default so no additional donation will be included unless you select "Yes" and then choose a donation amount.
- Complete your billing and credit or debit card information, then click Next.
Please note: The billing information fields will be filled in with your primary address, but you can overwrite that if the billing information for your card is different
- Review your transaction summary and click Complete Transaction to complete your transaction. Please note: your payment and membership will not be processes until you click the Complete Transaction button.
- If your transaction was successful, you will see a screen telling you the payment went through. You will soon receive an email receipt for your membership payment to the primary email address on your record. If your transaction was not successful, you will see a message that something went wrong while processing your payment information, and to click the Back button to review your payment information to ensure it is correct. This usually happens if the CVV code on the back of your card does not match what you entered, or some other card information is incorrect.
If you run into any trouble while trying to purchase a membership, please email email@example.com to describe the problem so we can assist you.